Barbara Grote, Ph.D., Psychologist
Hello and welcome to my website. My practice is located on Lake Union in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle. I know that looking for a therapist can be a confusing and frustrating process. In sharing some information about my approach, my specialities, and my background, I hope you will get a good idea of whether I might be a good fit for you.
Why people come to therapy
People come to see me for different reasons. Some of these include:
- To alleviate symptoms or suffering
- To get help navigating through a difficult time in life
- To resolve a short or long-term issue
- To gain additional insight, self understanding, or acceptance
- To become more fully the person you are
Because each person is unique and people come to therapy for so many different reasons, I believe that therapy is most effective when it is customized to the individual. Despite the uniqueness of the process, I always work on establishing a relationship with you that is confidential, safe, supportive,and non-judgmental. I listen carefully, ask questions to further our mutual understanding of what you are experiencing, and offer feedback and observations.
Barbara Grote, Ph.D., 927 N. Northlake Way #220, Seattle, WA 98103. Phone: (206)330-6175 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who I work with
I work with individual adults, couples, and adolescents 16 and up. I see people in a wide range of occupations.
Areas of specialty
- Anxiety, stress, panic attacks
- Adults who experienced neglect or abuse in childhood
- Coping with serious or chronic illness
- Life transitions,including divorce, school to work